Re: USA export restrictions and GPL - how can they co-exist?

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, Alan Cox wrote:

Since Cubans aren't considered a "race"

I guess that depends where you come from

So the Bush administration is exploiting a race condition with Cuba?

The situation with Cuba has less to do with race or government philosophy and more with a bunch of people who lost cash and property from the revolution. (And this pissing match has been going on for longer than most of the people reading this list have been alive.) It is not going to be settled by rational argument becausethe people keeping it going are not rational to begin with. (Yes, the leaders of my country are totally batshit insane. Castro is not much better, IMHO.)

If every law was applied and we lived by the lowest legal common denominator, nothing cold happen that did not violate the law.

--
Refrigerator Rule #1: If you don't remember when you bought it, Don't eat it.