Re: update kernel, now cannot connect to postfix

Karl Larsen wrote:

>     The new kernel is bad.

You keep saying things like this.
Which kernel are you talking about?
The latest distribution kernel I have is
kernel-2.6.22.1-41.fc7.i686
and this works ok for me on several machines.
What exactly is your problem with the kernel?
What machine are you using?

>     I suggest you go back to the last old kernel
> and wait until the kernel people figure out what the problem is. I have
> set my yum update  to ignore all kernel updates. I am thinking about
> doing the same for udev :-(

Why not just keep more kernels, say set tokeep=4
in /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf ?
[I understand the setup is going to change in yum-3.2.2 ,
as and when this arises.]
Then you can choose the kernel you like.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366