Re: System freezing frequently

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 05:17:12PM +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm having frequent freezes with my laptop too.
>> All freezes are not created equal.
>>
>> I would suggest you start a separate thread with your own symptoms and
>> observations so as not to confuse folks that are making suggestions and/or
>> trying to diagnose the problems of the OP of this thread.
>
> Sudden frequent freezes with the same architecture in the same period might
> not be strongly related?
>
> I would think so...

Maybe....  But you have a laptop and the OP does not.  You have one type of
graphic card the OP has a different one.  Just because you have similar
CPU's...and it isn't even clear you have the same one...and the motherboards
and BIOS are probably different.  You can't assume that your problems are
the same.  The types of symptoms reported by the OP seems to others and
myself as pointing to HW issues.  You suspect kernel bugs are your problem.
 So, I'm simply suggesting that you may be better served by starting your
own thread and let people help you individually as opposed to concluding
that since you suspect (not proven) your problems are kernel related the
OP's must be the same.