Re: Switch computer back to Eastern time

On Tuesday July 31 2007 10:29:33 am Tim wrote:
> I'm curious, does your barometer actually work?  We've an old
> analog one that rarely moves its pointer.  I suspect it's a
> cheapy.

It works fairly well, and changes regularly to reflect
conditions - like all barometric readings, it's only an
indication of what _could_ be happenning

> Like you, I though the default of enabling the "local source"
> option to be a bit odd.  I'm sure it's a rarity that someone
> actually has one. And considering the different ways that one
> could be connected (audio link, serial, USB), it'd surely need
> custom configuration to be useable.

Odd thing - I just checked this machine, which is my office
machine, and that setting wasn't checked. I had NTP turned off
for some reason - this was an upgrade from FC6 so maybe
something changed then, because I always get NTP working early
in any install. Anyhow, I left the setting off, and turned on
NTP, and everything works just fine, so I guess that setting is
irrelevant, or is over-ridden if no local time-source is
configured, or whatever...in any event, it obviously doesn't
have to be checked.

--
Claude Jones
Levit & James, Inc.