Re: cpu speed problem

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 10:50 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> With my Toshiba A105-S4004, they tell you not to leave it plugged in
> after the battery is charged if you are not using it. But I am not
> sure how much that has to do with heat, and how much it has to do
> with battery life. I have a neighbor that used her laptop more as a
> desktop, and left it plugged in all the time. Her battery life
> dropped to nothing in about 2 years. (10 minutes from full charge to
> dead.)

It's generally a good idea to make use of rechargable batteries - run
the device they're meant for, using the batteries, from time to time.
Quite apart from the technical reasons, of keeping the batteries alive,
there's not much point owning them (and paying for them) if you don't
make use of them.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-33.fc7 i686 i386