Re: Print problems FC7

david walcroft wrote:
Since updates yesterday including the latest kernel my printer is off line,I have tried the following without success

[david@reddwarf ~]$ sudo /usr/share/hplip/setup

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 1.7.4a)
Printer/Fax Setup Utility ver. 4.5

Copyright (c) 2001-7 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

error: hplip-gui not installed.  GUI not available. Exiting.
error: PyQt init failed. Reverting to interactive mode.
error: No devices found.
error: Error occured during interactive mode. Exiting.

[david@reddwarf ~]$ /usr/share/hplip/probe

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 1.7.4a)
Printer Discovery Utility ver. 3.2

Copyright (c) 2001-7 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

warning: No devices found on the 'usb' bus. If this isn't the result you are expecting, warning: check to make sure your devices are properly connected and powered on.

Restarting "service hplip restart" worked but 'print screen' gives me nothing.

What do I need to do now please

Thanks   david

What does the command:
   /sbin/lsusb
show you?

What kind of printer?   Have you been using CUPS?