updated kernel panics with dhcp

Yep, me too.

I finally rebooted just to see if I had any problems from the update, and sure enough, my system panics when eth0 is started, after printing "Determining IP information for eth0...".

If I boot with the modem powered off, it's fine, but as soon as I run "service network start" I get a kernel panic.

I rebooted several times trying different tactics, and I did have one instance when I got eth0 to come up cleanly, but about four other times when it paniced, always at the same place.

Sorry--no useful log messages. The final line on the screen was something like "Fatal Exception in interrupt, not syncing".

<Joe