Re: Linux WiFi Manual

Aaron Konstam wrote:

>> The question is what the best procedure is in the remaining 20%
>> of the cases where there is a problem.
>> Unfortunately, I don't think your manual is going to help
>> in the majority of these cases.
>>
>> Certainly your first step, to determine your WiFi device,
>> is sensible, though I imagine most people would know that anyway,
>> eg from their computer manual.

Sigh.
You and Karl seem incapable of reading the article you are responding to.

> You coomputer came with a manual. Dell has given up this radical idea.

You can download manuals for all Dell computers, AFAIK,
and that is what Dell advise you to do.
If you choose not to, that is your prerogative.

> You other analysis is faulty. NM works in many cases and works better
> than any other method of connection processing. If it doesn't work than
> something else should be tried.

That is exactly what I said.
(Well, I didn't say NM worked _better_ than any other method.
As far as I am concerned, any method that works is fine.)

The issue is, what to do if WiFi does NOT work.
Your advice to "try something else" is not very helpful.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366