Re: F7 Help with DHCP

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:56:34 +0200
antonio montagnani <antonio.montagnani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > it seems silly to use DHCP and not provide DNS server addresses as all
> > of the computers on the LAN would probably be well served by using the
> > same DNS Server

A nifty method for quick-and-dirty load balancing on a LTSP setup that I have
heard of some people using is that they have two (or more) LTSP servers set up
on the same network.  When a client requests an IP address, the server that is
the least loaded will likely reply with an address first and will therefore own
that client.

I've never done this trick myself, though.