Re: Suspending to swap with two OS's

On 15/07/07, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Swap to file is not as fast, and I have the feeling that restore may be
at too low a level to use it. There are some options on where the
suspend data is written, I'm sorry I can't recall the details other than
the fact that you can control that. Look for a boot option or something.

This came out of a discussion I initiated regarding a restore requiring
booting the same kernel that was suspended. The consensus was that that
might not be true in the future, restoring whatever was suspended was
possible if desired.

Well, I'm convinced then. Two swap spaces it will be. Does anyone see
anything wrong with 2.5 GB of swap space for a machine with 2 GB of
physical memory? I know the old adage of RAM*2.5 however, in the days
that adage was made, machines did not have 2 GB of physical RAM. In
fact Physical+swap didn't even get to 1 GB. I only want the swap so
that the machine will have a place to put the RAM when I suspend. This
machine also has 256 MB of video RAM, that I understand must be stored
as well, that's why I'll allocate 2.5 GB.

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/