Re: Fedora 7 Update: vim-7.1.12-1.fc7

Don Russell:
>> What would it take to have this package actually be called
>> vim-enhanced in the update notice?

Markku Kolkka:
> The package name in the notice is the name of the _source_ RPM.
> Vim-enhanced and vim-minimal are both built from the same source
> package.

Hmm, I hadn't noticed that before, but it's fairly obvious once you
think about it (the source would be the thing being directly updated,
the packages wouldn't be updated by individual tweaks, they'd simply be
rebuilt from the newer source).  Just looking through some of the
notices, the message (further down) does list all the packages affected
by the update, directly.  Don could parse the whole update message.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.