Re: How Do I Switch to KDE from Gnome with Fedora 7?

Claude Jones wrote:
On Tue July 10 2007 19:04:18 Tom Browder wrote:
When I installed F7 I did so from DVD and the Gnome desktop
was loaded.  That was fine with me since I have always like
the look better.  However, xemacs is not working properly due
to something not working between it and metacity, and reports
are that the KDE desktop doesn't have the same problem.  So
when I looked for the login switcher I'm used to, no KDE!

Now I've found that I could have installed the KDE desktop
through the Live CD, but how do I install it now?

I've tried

  yum list "*desktop*"

and others but find nothing there.

Is there a way to switch without going though another install?

Have you tried "Add/Remove Software"? I run KDE, but, that's a Fedora package and should run the same under gnome - it should offer you the option to install KDE on the opening screen

I also believe that there is still a "Desktop switching Tool" application that you can download.

--
Due to the move to Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.