Re: Problems with WPA2/AES and Broadcom BCM4318 (AirForce One 54g)

Hello Karl,

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:
>    If I follow this your not able to use the regular Linux software that
> you KNOW will work because it interfers with a kill setup? We decided that
> since Fedora 7 has a nice hibernate function it can't be used because
> no-one knows how to turn the computer back on?

looks like that you don't know what a kill switch related with a notebook
and WLAN is. It's a tiny button at the laptop you can press and it enables
or disables the WLAN chipset. Unfortunately this feature is triggered by
software and the original bcm43xx-mac80211 isn't able to enable this switch
to turn on WLAN functionality. This only work via ndiswrapper. This also
should explain, why I've to use nice things from Livna.

>    I don't. In fact I am not sure WPA2/AES is the proper driver for your
> Hardware. How did you learn this? And what does modprobe call from the
> kernel? You seem to have it in a wrapper.

Ouch...WPA2/AES is no driver, it's a method (sloppy said). What do I have
in a wrapper?

>    Show me that that is right and then proceed.

What do you would like to see exactly?

>    Well then your all set up. Just set up your password(s).

LOL - sorry. There is a difference between unencrypted WLAN and WPA2/AES -
it's not just setting up the password(s)...

Greetings,
  Robert