Re: problem with microphone

Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
Hi,
I have fedora 7 and I use Skype for online voice chat.But while speaking the call just cuts out in the middle within a few minutes.After this Skype stops responding and I have to restart my computer to use Skype again.But again the same problem occurs.What can I do?
First what version of Skype are you using? I use skype-1.0.74.rpm on F7 and this version stopped working at all on FC6. I have had this version on F7 for less than a week but it is still working ok I think.

Have you adjusted your Volume Control that on F7 is click System-Preferances-Personal- Volume Conrol? The Volume Control is not correct and I have a Bug in on that but it kind of works.

Once you get it set for your Skype you can keep it set if in a root Terminal you write

# alsactl store

   This will keep the settings you have when you do it.

The people at Skype tell me they are making a new Linux version which should be a lot better.

Karl