Karl Larsen writes:

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Dan writes:

WHY?!? Am I the only person that finds this completely and utterly absurd?
No, you're not. I already opened a bug about this nonsense, bug
246381. Feel free to add your thoughts.
And I'm wondering why you need Grub? You can start the thing with a cd-rom with the right stuff on it.
You must be joking.

Do you really start your "thing" off a CD-ROM, every time?

Also I still wonder why any application
It's not an application. It's a system library.

             that is not running can pose a threat. It makes no sense to me.
Google this: "privilege escalation".