Re: CNN video

Tom Horsley wrote:

I've seen endless folks say that, yet they never seem to work for
me for some reason. What does work is installing them in ~/.mozilla/plugins
(but of course that only works for a single user).

i think this whole thread is bringing up an obvious issue with the way firefox plugins are handled - it's a flawed system. it's one of the show stoppers for a lot of people. it was a show stopper for me using 64 bit linux. from an end-user perspective, plugins should not pose such enormous problems.

i am not a developer so this all has to be taken with the proverbial grain of salt. i do, however, think that the mozilla foundation needs to take a serious look at how plugins are handled. i installed linux on my fathers desktop a long time ago. the one (and only) problem that plagued him was plugins with firefox. it unfortunately made him happy to have Windows on his laptop. he could happily watch the goofy movies and such with ease.

there's my $.02 for what it's worth.
--
jack wallen, jr. www.monkeypantz.net
It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong. - Voltaire