Re: Need to block ?

Around 04:12pm on Saturday, June 30, 2007 (UK time), Bob Goodwin - W2BOD scrawled:

> >Furthermore, since you claim that you're uploading data there, and
> >this range appears to be assigned to Postini's mail servers, it's a
> >fairly good bet that your XP box has been hacked, and turned into a
> >spam zombie.
> I pulled the ethernet cable from that box ...  Will see if that helps?

That will stop it certainly, but presumably you will need to clean the
Windows box (is it a Windows box).

Does it have uptodate anti-virus - assuming it does, run a full scan.

You may be able to see lots of nbetwork activity on the router when you
plug it in, if it is still infected.

If you are confident, and have backups of all data and settings, and
have all the installation disks, it might be better to reinstall Windows
from scratch.

Steve

--

 Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
 	http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html

 16:30:16 up 4 days, 20:09,  0 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00