Re: linux IP watcher

There are at least a few web services that offer a host-to-dynamic IP service. Basically, you set up some special software that updates their website every time your host gets a new IP - and you always access it using the same URL

For example, no-ip.com provides this service freely.
I"m sure there are others, too

Lux Zhang wrote:
Hi
my ISP provides a non-statis IP. I am looking for a linux tool to watch ip address change. that can monitor my public and local IP address. If IP address changes it will send an email, to the address specified, with the new IP address. This email also includes the computer name and time the change occurred. This is useful for computers that have dynamically assigned IP addresses, but need to be accessed remotely.

Hope some one can help

Yuan