Re: Where to Download all FC 6 and Fedora 7 latest update

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 19:38:25 -0400,
  "Reuben D. Budiardja" <techlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My question is, what's the best way to download all the latest update for FC 6
> (core, extras) and FC 7 ? Is there any site that has an ISO image of this, or
> should I just hit one of the mirror and download each RPM individually ?

My suggestion would be to bring an F7 install DVD and mirrors of everything,
updates and livna along. You will need to split everything into 2 DVDs.
Make sure you grab the whole repository, not just the rpms. That way you
can point to local repositories when adding packages. If you decide to use
FC6, the you would want core, extras and livna.
lftp has a nice mirroring facility and makes it simple to get updates.
One caution when grabbing a copy of updates, is that mirrors can be out of
sync for periods of times, so that the repo files don't match the rpms that
are there. You want to check that you have a consistant copy before you
go somewhere where you can't easily fix things.