F7 : vncserver and gnome fighting

On FC6 I could startx and vncserver in pretty much any order and all was well*

Under F7 I see an oddity in that some panels widgets only survive as
"first instance".

Let the system be setup with /etc/sysconfig/vncservers -> 1:user 2:user.

Case 1 : vncserver before startx : The vnc clients have all widgets displayed as expected whether or not user starts X. If user logs in, and starts X, two configured widgets do not appear that should be present. Attempting to add the two missing widgets to the panel fail. "vncserver wins".

Case 2 : startx first, then vncserver : The user desktop has all panels and widgets displayed as configured. Now start vncserver. In this case, the vnc connections show the same two widgets missing. "desktop wins".

So it looks like a "first instance wins" problem under F7. I tested this against FC6 and all widgets are present in both scenarios.

The two widgets that appear in one place and not the other are Clock and Window List.

Shall I bz this?

*an interesting case under FC6 and F7, if one starts a desktop, without vncserver running, then opens an xterm, becomes root, and starts vncserver, the servers take a long time to start and an error about a timeout on /root/.xauthXXX error is displayed as each instance starts.