Re: [OT]: Dual email management systems

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Paul Lemmons wrote:

The company I work with uses Exchange as its primary email system. We are about to have to move from 2003 to 2007 and we are experiencing some very $ignificant $ticker $hock at the prospect. We have about 4,500 mailboxes of which probably 500 are actually using the features of exchange.

What we are considering is installing a second, FOSS, email system for the vast majority of our people to give them "basic" access. I have not decided on which FOSS email system to use yet but that comes later. My question today is, is anybody else successfully doing this?

See the postfix mailing list. I often see threads there from people doing this kind of thing (although, just as often it is to do anti-spam / anti-virus filtering first).

Steve Friedman