Re: selinux eradicator?

Mike McCarty wrote:
Tom Horsley wrote:

Or maybe a selinux free fedora spin?

[snippage]

Why not? I don't want it on my machine, either. I suspect quite
a few people would prefer not to have it. It could be made
an optional part of the install. Putting selinux as a requirement
into the individual packages is silly. If RPM is incapable of
recognizing some sort of package dependency like "I play with
these versions, but do not require any of them", then RPM needs
an enhancemet.

Mike
Hi Mike, I looked at my dmesg and here is the part about selinux:

SELinux:  Completing initialization.
SELinux:  Setting up existing superblocks.
SELinux: initialized (dev hdb5, type ext3), uses xattr
SELinux: initialized (dev usbfs, type usbfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev tmpfs, type tmpfs), uses transition SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev debugfs, type debugfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev selinuxfs, type selinuxfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev mqueue, type mqueue), uses transition SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev hugetlbfs, type hugetlbfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev devpts, type devpts), uses transition SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev eventpollfs, type eventpollfs), uses task SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev inotifyfs, type inotifyfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev tmpfs, type tmpfs), uses transition SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev futexfs, type futexfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev pipefs, type pipefs), uses task SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev sockfs, type sockfs), uses task SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev cpuset, type cpuset), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev proc, type proc), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev bdev, type bdev), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev rootfs, type rootfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev sysfs, type sysfs), uses genfs_contexts
audit(1183008052.901:2): policy loaded auid=4294967295

This tells me that init is running a selinux demon and I know how to stop that I think. I looked at /etc/rc.d/init.d/ but no selinux switch. So I ask where in hell is it?

[root@k5d init.d]# whereis selinux
selinux: /etc/selinux /usr/include/selinux /usr/share/selinux /usr/share/man/man8/selinux.8.gz
[root@k5d init.d]#

So there is some reading that needs doing.

Karl