Re: F7 and Xen and SELINUX clarification

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Mark Haney wrote:
>> I just upgrade to f7 and wanted to use xen to build a couple of vms to
>> have as test boxes.  Unfortunately every time I build a F7 guest it
>> refuses to boot correctly hanging on selinux testing the usbfs, I read
>> in the Docs this about SELINUX:
>>
>> The SELinux policy in Fedora 7 has the neccessary rules to allow use of
>> Xen with SELinux enabled. The main caveat to be aware of is that any
>> file backed disk images need to be in a special directory -
>> /var/lib/xen/images. This applies both to regular disk images, and ISO
>> images. Block device backed disks are already labelled correctly to
>> allow them to pass SELinux checks.
>>
>> So, if I create a 10GB file for the image of the guest I'm building, I
>> /must/ put it in /var/lib/xen/images?  Is that how this reads?
>
> The default SELinux policy will work fine with that directory. Any other
> directory might require changes in the policy. You might want to ask in
> fedora-xen list or fedora-selinux list about any changes required if you
> need to use a different directory.
>
> Rahul

Honestly, that policy will work fine.  I just wanted to clarify that,
since I was having SElinux trouble with a VM in another directory.  Thanks.

--
Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico
fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support