Re: Skype and Linux

Matej Cepl wrote:
> Fedora has exactly the same configuration as
> Debian (I know, I used both).  I have here all my files in
> /etc/modprobe.d and everything works like a charm. The only
> caveat is (both at Debian and here) that when there is
> /etc/modprobe.conf modprobe takes configuration from there, and
> only if it isn't present it goes to individual files in
> /etc/modprobe.d.

Is that true?
If it is, it seems odd that the installation
creates both modprobe.conf and the directory modprobe.d .

[I did look at the man entry for modprobe.conf
but it seemed slightly ambiguous on this point to me.]

I think usually when both *.conf and *.d exist,
they are both read.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366