Re: selinux eradicator?

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 11:26 +0000, Tom Horsley wrote:
> P.P.S. Trying to remove everything except libselinux doesn't work,
> it still insists on removing every rpm on the system. Trying again
> with all the other lib-whatever packages associated with selinux
> give the same results. It acts a lot like everything depends on
> every selinux package.

There's a bit of a circular dependency.  Applications *have* to be
SELinux aware so that files are created with proper contexts for when
SELinux is used.

Minimising its impact on you could probably done the best with just
three steps.

Disabling it.
Disabling its scanning CRON scripts.
Ignoring all updates to SELinux (add exlude rules to yum.conf).

Alternatively, leave it running and sort out what else it is that's not
playing nicely with it.  I haven't found it to be too much of a pain
since about FC4.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386