Re: 24 hour time in Thunderbird -

On 27-06-07 02:26, David Boles wrote:
--
Sjoerd Mullender
> on 6/26/2007 3:23 PM, Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:
>> David Boles wrote:

>>> Look at the TB extension named ConfigDate.
>>>
>>> Also: The 'button' on the far right of line allows you to set what is in
>>> the line.
>>>
>>> Do you know that the size of the chosen display areas is drag left/right
>>> adjustable?
>>>

>> ConfigDate is nice in that it shows the time of origination with 24 hour
>> time and an offset such as -0400 in the header but it still doesn't fix
>> the dumb AM/PM in the message listing which remains in 12 hour time.
>>
>> There must be a way to change that since most places in the world do not
>> use that form of time notation?
>>
>> Anyway I like the extension ...
>>
>> Bob Goodwin
>>

> Sorry that this does not do what you need. I did not see anything about
> what you are describing. There is a Thunderbird list, like this one, and a
> TBird forum. You might ask there. If it can not be done you could put a
> RFE in the Mozilla Bugzilla asking for this.

I got in late, but how about running thunderbird in a different locale:

LC_TIME=nl_NL.utf8; export LC_TIME; thunderbird

Put this in a script (not called thunderbird, or else use
/usr/bin/thunderbird in your script), and off you go.

You can use different locales than nl_NL (the first time I saw this
trick it used Denmark).

--
Sjoerd Mullender