Re: Adobe Acrobat

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 00:24 +0530, Rogue wrote:

> Kam Leo wrote:
> > On 6/24/07, Kam Leo <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > <<snip>>
> >
> > FYI for other FC6 users:
> >
> > It appears that AdobeReader_enu-7.0.9-1.i386.rpm does not or fails to
> > install the browser plugin. I had to run
> > /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/install_browser_plugin as root, use the
> > manual install option, and install to /usr/lib/mozilla.
> >
> Hi Kam,
>
> Firstly, I did not even know that Adobe shipped a browser plugin for
> Linux! So thank you for enlightening me on this one :-)
>
> Second, i did install the plugin to /usr/lib/mozilla. Restarted the
> browser but about:plugins still does not show me the Adobe plugin :-(
> ... Any pointers on this would be great.
>
> thanks
> Rogue

One thing you can do that Mozilla refuses to do is change the following
config option from true to false.

Go to: about:config
in the browser, Then change the value of the config parameter:
browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions
from true to false.
This will allow you to go to: Edit->preferences->Content
Then in box called File types click on Manage.
There you will see a list of what application handles which extension
type. This can now be changed. This hidden feature of firefox is helpful
in situations such as yours.
Visit[1] the beautiful Smoky Mountains! [1] visit, v.: Come for a week,
spend too much money and pay lots of hidden taxes, then leave. We'll be
happy to see your money again next year. You can save time by simply
sending the money, if you're too busy.