Re: Volume Control use

on 6/21/2007 7:23 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 12:59 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>>     If you have either F7 or F6 with all the updates you will have a
>> Volume Control that is broken. When you click it up if your in the Alsa
>> mixer mode you on the right side a Microphone listed on the Playback
>> tab. This is wrong and if you look at the device below the Mike it shows
>> a speaker!
>>
>>     To use this bad system first turn up the Master and Master Mono to
>> the top and set Mike to the top. Now click File and select the TriTech
>> OSS Mixer.
>
> Firstly, that "TriTech" bit only refers to your hardware.  People with
> different sound hardware will see something different.
>
> Second, make a damn bugzilla report.  We've all heard the same story
> from you several times, this week.  We know about it by now, you're not
> doing anything constructive about it.

Karl - Please read this and listen. I am not writing this to be mean or
insulting in any way.

I have had FC-3, FC-4, FC-5, FC6, and FC-7 all installed one after the
other. At the same time I have always had rawhide (the development branch
of Fedora) installed too.  And my mixers/volume controls have all worked
just fine.

So I really think that your problems are either your hardware or Pebkac.
Really. And if I had to bet I would bet on Pebkac.

--

  David