Re: Is prelink really randomizing every two weeks?

Cameron Simpson wrote:

| > | The best one I've seen previously was setting your email address in newsgroups
| > | to abuse@xxxxxxxxxxx, so the spammers would file their own complaints.  Your
| > | idea is just as cute as that.
| > with crap, preventing them being used for genuine reports of trouble.
| > Really clever - actively working to break a trouble reporting system.
| | Not really. The abuse system gets emails from the spammer, blocks same.

Hmm. Given the amazingly high forgery rate of spam headers, does this
really achieve anything? I still maintain it breaks the abuse channel
for the sending of genuine complaints.

I don't get it. Why would anyone want replies to their newsgroup questions sent to an abuse address or interpreted as spam?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx