Re: FC6 "Cannot retreive software information"

Todd Zullinger wrote:
Paul Erickson wrote:
For some reason, one of my FC6 boxes is no longer able to "Add/Remove software" with Pirut, Pup, or Yum. With Pirut and Pup, after a few seconds I get the "Cannot retrieve software information" error, and if I try
a "Yum -y update" I get the following error.

[root@localhost core]# yum -y update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:59:48 GMT
Server: Apache
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: adobe-linux

I know the machine is connected to the network, and can browse the internet fine. Another FC6 box on the same network can add/remove update software fine. What might be causing the difference?

Do you have the adobe-linux repo configured on this other system?
Trying to browse to the url listed in the errors gives a 404, not
found error.  So I'd say the problem is with that repo.  You can
disable that repo and that should fix the error.

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, adobe-linux repo is configured on both systems, but I had forgotten that the box I was having trouble with was a 64 bit machine, and the other wasn't. I removed the adobe-linux.reop and now can add/remove fine. This is my first encounter with this sort of issue. I assume I should check the offending url
occasionally to see if it is back up, and when it is, put the file back?

Thanks again, very much.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt@xxxxxxxxx

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

“Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.” - Thomas Mann

"That state which separates it's warriors from it's scholars will have it's thinking done by cowards and fighting done by fools" - Thucydides - The Pelopenisia
"The Malice of the wicked is reinforced by the weakness of the virtuous." - Churchill