Re: Error: Missing Dependency: xine-lib = 1.1.7 is needed by package xine-lib-extras-nonfree

On 16/06/07, Chris Mohler wrote:
On 6/15/07, Andre Robatino wrote:
>   Livna wants to update xine-lib-extras-nonfree, but the version of
> xine-lib which it requires is still in updates-testing.

I did 'yum --exclude xine-lib-extras-nonfree update'

If it persists, someone should file a bug (at Livna?).  There might be
a few kinks in the new packaging system, who knows?  My bet is that
it'll sort itself out real soon.  Can't believe I typed that last
sentence - Ayatta switchma lo-cal ta en_RN ;)

Livna cannot do anything about it.

It looks more like coordinating the release of the xine-lib updates
with the Fedora guys has failed somehow. The new update release
workflow causes no end of problems. Packages have to visit web
interfaces, push buttons, release engineers need to approve the
requests. It is really sad to see how Fedora 7 performs badly due to
lots of broken dependencies.