Re: Installing F7 on 64-bit Dual Opeteron System w/Hardware Raid

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 11:01 -0400, Tony Nelson wrote:
> At 10:07 AM +0200 6/14/07, Giancarlo del Rossi wrote:
> >RICHARD ha scritto:
> >> I believe the raid are scsi (they usally show up as sda and sdb) and I
> >> don't remember if it is integrated into the mb or a separate controller.
> >> (I didn't set up the system and I think there are both but I don't know
> >> which we ended up using.)
> >>
> >> The system has 2gb of ram. I would be happy to dispense with the raid for
> >> the moment and just get the system booting off of one of the two ide
> >> drives.
> >The ide disk use the block device /dev/hdX, and is very strange that
> >your disk is recognized same a scsi device.
> >Usb,sata,sas,scsi use the sdX block system
>
> On F7, IDE disks use the libata driver and show as SCSI devices.
> --
> TonyN.:'                       <mailto:tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>       '                              <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>

I unconnected the power to the raid and re-installed Fedora 7. This
avoided the kernel panic. I shutdown and reconnected the raid and Fedora
7 still boots OK and the two raid drives show up as sdc and sdd (the two
ide drives show up as sda and sdb). Now I have to figure out how to set
up the raid drives to mirror each other again. Would it be a good idea
to use mdadm?

Rick B.