Re: Advice on upgrading FC6 to F7

On 6/13/07, Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This seems to me a misunderstanding.
Upgrading to F7 does not have much to do with the kernel;
well, it will introduce a new kernel
and will delete all your old kernels unless you ask it not to
(by setting enabled=0 in /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf).

The main change you need to make before upgrading
is to make sure all the partitions in /etc/fstab
(and root= in /etc/grub.conf) are replaced by labels,
eg LABEL=/ for /dev/hda3 .

But read the Installation Notes ...

--
Timothy Murphy

Thanks for the clarification. In either case, I still won't have FC6
to boot to after the upgrade, if I understand correctly. Given that, I
think I'll play it safe and not try to fix what ain't broke. I'll
upgrade in a few weeks when things have settled down and Fedora has
had a chance to fix any immediate issues with F7.

cheers....
....sultan