Re: Fixing small FC6

David Timms wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
Hi Gang,

I had 2 of the 5 CD-Roms D/L for FC6 and set this system I'm now using up. I like how it works, but it lacks many applications I will want. So right now I'm D/L the rest of the FC6 CD-Rom's and want to wind up with a large FC6 system. My plan will be to load ALL from the six disks.

There are several ways to do this. I expect the best is to Upgrade the current FC6 with a new one that puts all the stuff in. What is the problem(s) with doing this? I know you DO NOT format the disk and not sure what the loader will do when it sees that a RPM has already been installed.
yum localinstall /media/"mount name"/Fedora/RPMS/*.rpm

Remember, you would get all the language stuff that you may not be interested in, as well as a heap of -devel packages.

   Is there somewhere I can read about this?
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=linux+yum+fedora+dvd+iso+as+repo

Once you make your repo use your CDrom {or easier iso images}, then the standard pirut tools can be used to install software found on the CD's.

DaveT.

Hi DaveT,

Lots of what you say I do not understand. I will however use the link to Google and learn more. And I will do it like I know works and D/L the 5 CD's .iso and put the iso on the CD's and have a set just like the old days of last month :-)

It appears you must use the DVD for F7. I did that and it worked. As for loading the rest of the stuff I will demand a manual selection and not select the language packages. They DO take up space.

Karl Larsen