Re: Plugin for totem

Art a écrit :
Hi I'm back but with a different face. I'm trying to get totem to play a
DVD It comes up and says I need a Plugin I have checked    the default
box. But it still wants a plugin. Can any one help on this.
Thanks Art.

First, you should install packages from a new repo. Use firefox to install this file http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/7/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1.1-1.fc.noarch.rpm

Now, you are able to install packages for playing dvd. With the package manager (in the Fedora menu), install the gstreamer-plugins-* and the libdvd* packages.

Relaunch totem and try to play your dvd with the entry in the "Movie" menu of totem. If it fails, use the "Open location" entry from the "Movie" menu of totem. To know the internal of your dvd drive, launch the command : "mount" in a terminal. The drive name should be /dev/scd0 or something like that.