FC6 and F7

Hi Gang,

I was told by a friend that F7 was avilable and I should D/L it and try it. So I did and had a lot of issues many because (as I know now) had I been using FC6 they would have been old hat. But it was too much for an old man and I decided to sample FC6.

I loaded a small FC6 and started to use yum a lot. I got this Thunderbird by yum because of the problem I had with it on F7 :-) Then I started to use the GNU update software and it was not intuitive to me at least. But I got it figured out. It is a front end for yum. The Help is non-existant. Has it arrived on FC7? If not I will be willing to learn more and start writing a help for it.

My experiances with going from several years with FC4 to FC6 has been a pleasure. I'm learning a lot and there is a lot more to learn. I started Linux with Slakware in 1994 so have been a user for a few years. Yoday I'm 71 years old.

Karl Larsen