Re: Virtualisation on F7 - I give up

On 6/12/07, John Lagrue <jlagrue@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No matter what docs I read, whether I use qemu-kvm or use the Virtual
Machine Manager, or use virt-install, I cannot get WinXP installed on
a guest. It just consistently gives me the BSoD.

What problems did you run into with qemu-kvm? What hardware do you
run? Maybe someone on this list can help.  Since I did an XP install
this way, I'm reasonably sure it can be done.

It seems that all the effort is in Xen for those who want to run this
on the server level to supply a gazillion Linux VMs. Nothing else
seems to work, and as for some reason Xen refuses even to exist on my
F7 I can't try that - not that it would work with Windows anyway, from
my understanding.

How do I bypass all this stuff and get vmware installed?

FWIW, I installed VMWare WS 6.0 _without_ applying the
	vmware-any-any-update109 patch, and it works quite well (I haven't
installed XP in it though). Just be sure to remove kvm-related kernel
modules before powering up a virtual machine.

Andras