Re: Move configs from FC6

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 10:20 +0200, Adalbert Prokop wrote:
> or you just copy the directories which hold the programs' settings you
> mentioned. That should be $HOME/.mozilla/firefox and $HOME/.evolution
> (last one is a guess, I don't use it)

Evolution has passwords stored in:  ~/.gnome2_private/Evolution
separately from the ~/.evolution/ files.

> The best solution is to place /home on an independent partition. This
> will preserve your home on every installation so you won't loose your
> settings any more - assuming you don't create a new file system on it
> ("format it" in Common Tongue of Redmond's Followers).

In times gone by, installing Red Hat Linux would offer to "format"
partitions, and check for bad blocks at the time.  Now, you get a fake
format, and you find out about drive errors when you try to use the
drive.  Not good...

--
(This box runs FC7, my others still run FC4, FC5, & FC6 in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.