Re: Differences between Fedora and Everything trees?

Tom Diehl wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to figure out what the differences are between the Fedora tree and
the Everything tree. I thought that the Fedora tree was a subset of the
Everything tree but upon examination I cannot find the images directory.

Yes it's a subset but some images are common to both.

Is there a document somewhere that describes the differences between the two trees? Looking at fedoraproject.org did not reveal anything useful, although
I could have missed it.

See the Fedora 7 FAQ at http://docs.fedoraproject.org

If I want to pxe boot and kickstart what do I have to do to get access to ALL
packages during the install?

If you want to install from a public mirror you have a repository option during installation itself. More reliable is a local mirror with a copy of the Everything folder and common images.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring might be useful.

Rahul