Keyboard accents problem

Hi, could anyone give me a help. I'm using Fedora 7 with brazilian portuguese language. My keyboard is set to US International with dead keys, and layout PC INTL 105 .

But I'm having a problem, when I press ' + a letter, it the letter can't accept the accent it didn't show anything on the screen when it is supposed to show the '+<letter> like ('m in I'm) and it is typing some wrong characers, like s' n' and etc.. this letters did not exist in Portuguese language.

Could anyone give me a help in solve this! Thank's!