Re: Fedora Core 7 install...

On 6/10/07, Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 04:02:36 -0400
Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sunday June 10 2007 3:49:59 am Frank Cox wrote:
> > Boot off a CD, point to my fileserver where I put
> > the DVD image, and that's all it took.
>
> Would you mind explaining this in some greater detail? How do you get your
> machine, which you've just booted off the CD (what CD by the way? - the
> rescue CD?) to see another machine on your network?

Copy the DVD image to my NFS fileserver.

Mount the Fedora 7 DVD image at my /mnt/iso directory as follows:

mount  F-7-i386-DVD.iso -t iso9660 -o ro,loop /mnt/iso

Burn the image found at /mnt/iso/images/boot.iso to a CD using K3B.

Boot off of the CD that I just burned.

Select NFS as the installation method when asked, enter the path to the
directory on my NFS fileserver.

Let 'er rip.

Sorry for breaking in...
Can it install from other filesystem like NTFS in other partition?
Any special step I need ?