Re: F7 DVD problem -

Ed Greshko wrote:
Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:
I've had some indication of success with a "hard drive" install from the
rescue CD using a portable hard drive but now I have to "Select driver
disk image?"

I had F-7-i386-DVD.iso on the portable drive and did:
mount F-7-i386-DVD.iso /media/PLEOMAX/f7-fs -t iso9660 -o loop
I've not been really following this thread......

Have you considered burning the F7 Live CD to a CD, boot from it, and
install it to your hard drive and then use the Add/Remove feature to add the
bits you want?

Yes, I gave up on the DVD.iso and downloaded and installed the F7 live gnome. It is booting for the first time as I write this.

Now I hope that I will be able to install the rpm's in the dvd.iso file! I try to stay within the 17 gig/30 day cap on my ISP's service [see Wildblue's Fair Access Policy.] If we exceed that we are throttled back to dial up speed while still paying for premium service, not good! But it's the best of the options available here in the sticks.

Bob Goodwin