FC6 install failure; insert disk - 99 error

I used a text install and did media checks on all disks first. All disks passed media checks with ok to use. So I try to run the rest of the installation and fail. After package selection I left at defaults the system gets ready to install the first package and this message comes up claiming the install media is corrupt and telling me to insert disk - 99. I have no clue what to try after that other than a kickstart file or a telnet install. Might there be another way to salvage the situation for an install using text? I tried this on an old Dell and a new AMD Athelon K7 machine with identical results. Can anyone explain what I ran into and is it likely to still be a feature of FC7? I'm not the only one with this problem either, though I use a speakup modified Fedora, I read about another blogger over in India who didn't use a speakup modified Fedora and ran into the same problem.