Re: (no subject)

On 6/8/07, Mike Leahy <mgleahy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I'm wondering how I can unhook the hibenate process in Fedora 7 from the
grub boot sequence.  With FC6, I'd normally comment-out the code in
/etc/pm/hooks/01grub so that it won't force grub to automatically boot
back into Fedora if it has been hibernated.  This way, I can still boot
into WinXP on my dual-boot setup, without having to un-hibernate Fedora,
shut-down, and restart again.

On Fedora 7, however, the folder in /etc/pm/hooks, and I have no clue
whre I would find a file like 01grub that was on FC6 - a file of that
name does not exist anywhere on my drive, and the /etc/pm folder
contains no configuration files. I have successfully hibernated my
system running F7, so I know that's working fine...but I can't find
where I might be able to re-configure things so that I can still select
the OS when grub starts.

I've posted about this on fedoraforum.org already, but as there have
been no replied while my thread gets gradually submerged by newer
topics, I figured I'd try the list.

Does anyone have any suggestions - if there's documentation that would
help me, maybe somebody could point me to it.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Greetings Mike,

Have you tried extending the timeout in /etc/grub.conf?

--
Virtually,
Tom W