Re: flash drive mounted under root

Thanks to everyone who bothered to reply. I managed to solve the problem and the credit for help goes to Chun-Chung Chen (who appears to be reading the list but not signed up for it, so he mailed to me separately). The problem seems to be with the gnome-mount package, particularly with broken gconf parameters for the one. It is not clear whether the configuration was broken when installing the gnome-mount package itself or by some other package. In order to fix the glitch with permission on mounted external storage I had to add "mount_options" key to the /system/storage/default_options/vfat/ path. The key has to be of type List with the items of type String. The problem is resolved by adding just one value to the list, namely "uid=". This role of key is described on gnome-mount man page, although this page seems to be rather outdated.

Later it was found that simple reinstallation of the gnome-mount package solves the problem and similar keys are added for many other file systems.