Re: Tired of making coasters

Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David G. Miller wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> CD > seems to be intentional. This is still silly if not downright >>> wrong. > There are a lot more systems "out there" that only have a >>> CD drive and > no DVD drive.
>>
>> Those systems can't use just x86 images or handle a network >> installation either?
>>
>> Rahul
> IMHO, the whole idea of going through the effort to create a live image > is so that people can try it without doing a full install.

Yes. So use the x86 Live CD. Is that a problem?

Rahul
Yes, it's a problem in this case. I would like to confirm that specific functionality works with the Fedora 64-bit kernel. As an example, my laptop has a Broadcom 4306 wireless NIC that currently only works with ndiswrapper when running with a 64-bit kernel. It seems like 64-bit is the poor step-child when it comes to things like wireless support, memory card readers, etc. Anything that doesn't work 64-bit but works under 32-bit tends to get a response of, "Just run 32-bit."

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce