Re: Fedora 7: Finishing upgrade process. This may take a little while...

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 19:08:57 -0400,
  William Perkins <wperkins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The Fedora 7 upgrade took four hours just to get to the "Finishing
> upgrade process", and now it has been four more hours waiting
> for the "Finishing upgrade process" to finish.  Running top shows
> that anaconda is switching between running and sleeping, and a
> series of single ldconfig processes that come and go (process
> number increments) that switch from running to uninterruptable
> sleep before terminating.  I think I may need to kill the upgrade
> but I am hoping that one of these days the upgrade will finish.
> I am wondering if this is normal when doing upgrades rather than
> a fresh install.  The latter takes so long to get the system
> back to the original configuration.  Any suggestions?

I did an upgrade on an older machine with only 512MB and slow disks and
it took about 12 hours to update 1350 packages. I saw pretty much the
same pattern you did and I complained here about the redundant ldconfigs.