Wireless networking question

This is not a strictly Fedora question, but, I hope someone with greater
experience can give me a quick answer. My DSL pipe comes into my basement
where my home office is located. I run the Westel Modem in bridge mode and
have it connected to my Linksys wireless router which is connected by cables
to my two Linux boxes, and which also broadcasts wirelessly my network to the
rest of the house. All this works well. Upstairs, my wife has her office with
two machines each connected wirelessly to the basement router through their
own wireless nics. What I would prefer is to have the two upstairs computers
connected to a hub, and some wireless device also connected to the same hub
that would in turn connect to my basement wireless network. It seems like
something lots of people would want to do, but I've been researching this for
a couple of hours and I can't seem to find a device that will do this. Can
anyone point me in the right direction.

The main reason I want this is that my wife is working with lots of very large
audio/video files, and transferring them back and forth between her two
computers - this could be greatly sped up if the computers were on a gigabit
switch and had gigabit nics in each and could communicate with each other
directly that way, instead of going through the much slower wireless
connections...
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA