Re: [Fedora] Re: [Samba] NFS locking ...maybe?

Don Meyer wrote:
We saw a similar behavior -- users could not write/create new files, but could generally do everything else. The failure to write/create manifested as a permission denied error, and not a locking error, however. If you are seeing a locking error, you may have a different problem.
Turning locking off in smb.conf solved the problem. Since this is a single user, internally control setup, we're not concerned about file corruption. Now, there may be another hidden problem somewhere by me turning off locking, but there's no way of knowing till we actually start using it.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130