Re: Thunder chicken

Ric Moore wrote:
Hrm.... Thunderbird is already starting to peeve me. It wants to reply with the html stuff even after I told it to send text only to this list-domain. Next, it's not filtering fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx into it's folder.

This marriage is off to a rocky start and the Honeymoon hasn't even had time to kick in. <g> Ric

Also:

procmail is your friend. Using IMAP from your local host you can easily subscribe to folders in the ~/Mail directory.

Then I use Thunderbird to view with threads sorted by date on these mailboxes. Very nice, really. It also gives me more than one easy way to search messages.

Also, Thunderbird always asks me to send text only to these. It seems to be doing all the right things, for me.

For example, here is my .procmailrc file:

-> cat .procmailrc
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail #you’d better make sure it exists
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/log #recommended

:0:
* (^TO|^From|^Subject:.*)fedora-buildsys-list
buildsys

:0:
* (^TO|^From|^Subject:.*)fedora-list
fedora

:0:
* (^TO|^From|^Subject:.*)rpm-maint
rpm

:0:
* (^TO|^From|^Subject:.*)livecd-list
kadischi

:0:
* (^TO|^From|^Subject:.*)anaconda-devel-list
anaconda

:0:
* (^TO|^From|^Subject:.*)Postfix SMTP server
xmail